About Richmond SHRM
Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Lansing Building Products
Human Resources Manager
Richmond, VA 23228-0489 United States
Compensation: $40K-$50K; negotiable based on experience
Benefits: Paid vacation and sick leave, increasing annually after four years with the company. Excellent medical and dental plans. 401k with company share at half up to your contribution of 15 percent. Life and long-term disability provided by the company. Shared costs on short-term disability.
Sr. HR Specialist
What You Need to Know About the Job . . .
* You manage a full-service HR office for a mid-sized private company with just over 500 employees.
* Under the direction of the company's vice president for human resources, you work every facet of human resources from hiring and new hire processing to EEO and Workers Comp issues, benefits, compensation, training, and records retention.
* You work directly for the vice president, human resources, and you manage two other HR and payroll professionals.
* You serve as an advisor in HR matters to the 66 branch managers across the country.
* As necessary, you travel to those branches or to other company meetings to perform HR functions and training.
. . . And Our Company
* Lansing Building Products is a national "player" in the building products industry. Headquartered in Richmond, VA, it has been in business since 1955.
* The is well-established from coast to coast with 66 locations in more than two dozen states.
* Lansing carries only top-quality products. Those products vary regionally, but such products as Mastic vinyl siding and accessories and Hardie fiber cement products are usually included as well as regionally strong brands of windows and doors.
* There is also a great array of our own private-label products . . . including windows, trim coil, gutter coil and siding under the Lansing label.
* You can find out more about us at our website: www.lansingbp.com
Education, training, experience:
* College degree in HR or related field
* Three to five years of HR experience in a variety of HR roles
* Excellent writing skills
* Deep knowledge of MS Office Professional programs, including MS-Word and Excel
* Knowledge of MS-Access is a strong plus
* Great customer service and interpersonal skills
* Strong communication skills including the ability to develop and present MS- Powerpoint presentations
* We are an equal opportunity company
* Candidates must submit to a drug test their offer is final
Terms & Conditions